PortFringe – Maine’s Fringe Festival presents:
A COLLABORATIVE FRINGE-ON-FILM PROJECT
BASED ON DANTE’S INFERNO
Join PortFringe for our sixth annual fundraising event! POP-UP INFERNO showcases 12 randomly-selected performance Artists/Companies – each assigned just one scene from Dante’s Inferno, and given the task of telling their part of the story within one four-minute film. With no coordination with the other participating artists, the resulting mini-films are at turns surprising, funny, sexy, heartbreaking, provocative, and smart. We look forward to seeing you at this joyously creative, wildly unpredictable, and very fringe-y event! 100% of the proceeds from POP-UP INFERNO will directly support the work of PortFringe including our upcoming summer festival (in our tenth birthday year)!
When Dante penned his Inferno in 1300, the world was no stranger to plagues. The work’s relevance to today, its poetic description of the netherworld and fierce punishments for those who dare to disagree, feel more appropriate than ever. Although it may be hard to watch the divine comedy in our current time, we know that Dante’s epic of eternal (but surprisingly contemporary) retribution will bring out the messy and joyous PortFringe spirit.
The POP-UP INFERNO Artist Line-Up!
1. FrostHEAVE (Augusta, ME)
2. Fitzwilliam (Mineola, NY)
3. Always Happens! Productions (Portland)
4. Shakespeare and Shenanigans (Portland)
5. Tandem Theatre Collective (Portland)
6. Brynn Lewallen (Portland) with members of Polyphonic Theatre Ensemble
7. Allen Adams (Bangor, ME)
8. Chimera Theatre Collective (Scarborough)
9. Generation Z (Portland)
10. Dumpster Fire Productions (Portland)
11. Apparatus Movement Arts (Portland)
12. Mackenzie O’Connor (Portland)
IMPORTANT NOTE ABOUT CONTENT
POP-UP INFERNO features depictions of violence, partial nudity, substance use and may offend religious viewers. The film is best suited for adult audiences. Please use viewing discretion.
2 WAYS TO WATCH!
LIVE ONLINE WATCH PARTY
ONE NIGHT ONLY!
SATURDAY APRIL 3
Thanks to all who attended our live event! On-demand streaming is now available (see below).
Join the PortFringe Team and POP-UP INFERNO Artists for a one-night only live online event. Watch the film, ask questions, chat with your fellow audience members, and learn more about the upcoming June 2021 PortFringe Festival — it’s gonna be great!
THROUGH APRIL 19, 2021
Tickets – PAY WHAT YOU CAN
Can’t make it to the live watch-party? No worries! You can support PortFringe and watch the entire POP-UP INFERNO film any time through April 19, 2021. Click here to access POP-UP INFERNO on the ShowTix4U streaming platform!
UPDATED APRIL 17, 2021 — Please be advised the ShowTix4U.com ticketing platform was experiencing technical difficulties this evening and some folks were unable to watch the show. As a result, the viewing period for POP-UP INFERNO has been extended through April 19, 2021 to allow PortFringe supporters and fans another opportunity to watch the film. Thank you for your patience, and for your support! Questions? Contact Us!
A few notes about on-demand streaming:
- All tickets are Pay-What-You-Can! (thank you for supporting PortFringe!).
- You will receive a “ticket” via email which includes an access code and instructions how to watch POP-UP INFERNO. Your access code is unique to you and can be used on one device (phone, smart TV, laptop) at a time. If two people share the same code, your stream will stop.
- Video rentals are for a 48-hr period. Rentals end on April 15, but streaming for any rentals that take place on April 15 will be available until midnight on April 17. To maximize your viewing potential, we encourage rentals to take place before April 15!
- Tech support is available via live chat on the ShowTix4U website. They’ve been really great at helping folks navigate the process — we encourage you to ask them for help if you need it!
Other Questions or Concerns? Contact PortFringe any time!
THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING PORTFRINGE – MAINE’S FRINGE FESTIVAL!